Appreciate

Dear reader,

I’d recommend you to spare few minutes to read this!

Surely most of you would have heard or would know that in today’s corporate world one of the biggest challenges faced by most of the organizations is employee turnover also named as attrition.
After many research and surveys conducted by many HR professionals we’ve realized that increasing employee satisfaction is the quickest fix for this.

Organizations spend substantial amount of money on overcoming this challenge and for its sustainable growth.
To add to this I’d like to suggest an easy and cost free way to keep your employees happy, though this won’t be absolute in overcoming this challenge however will surely make a positive impact.

A question for all you guys working in any organization and heading any function/process/operations where people are involved.

“Ever thought that a small little act of yours could lead to a much more positive environment around?”
Well not sure if you said yes but the answer to this is YES, here’s how it is!

I am taking the liberty of asking you another question for better explanation.
“What was the last time you appreciated anyone at work for something as little as meeting timelines or exceeding the targets.
I believe most of us lack the art of appreciating. Unless someone did something unbelievably astonishing, we hardy acknowledge or so called appreciate it. For the reason that we tend to take things and people’s act for granted.

“Appreciating” creates “positive vibes”

This is very critical, if your employees don’t get the acknowledgement and appreciation for the work they’ve done for the organization, gradually they will loose the sprit of achieving higher and better results.

A small however meaningful appreciation works as an encouragement for the employee to work harder and thus increases employee satisfaction. And more satisfied employees will only lead to better productivity, which in turn leads to organizations success.

I’ve personally felt lack of appreciation for my efforts and actions and also have realized that I missed on appreciating someone’s actions when it should have been.

I’d practice this and would suggest you try it too because you CAN make an impact!


--
Ankur Sethi
There are plenty in the pool of good managers but very few as leaders.
VIBES OF LIFE

23 comments:

Somebody is talking Big Man! Bro First of All where did you copy it from though!

Thursday, May 31, 2007 5:34:00 AM  

hey ankur...

tum toh badi badi baatein karne lage....

good hai sir jee, lage raho....

i start from you, appreciate your efforts to write all this and post it to us...

cheers

Thursday, May 31, 2007 5:40:00 AM  

@ Himanshu

I take that as a complement himanshu, thanks for reading it!
BTW this is my own write up.

@ Shweta

Don’t know how big this seems but at core this is very small effort, this would turn big if we all sincerely practice this.

Thanks for your appreciation, just loved it :)

Thursday, May 31, 2007 8:03:00 AM  

Hey Ankur,

I really appreciate it. I am doing my PhD and has first hand experience of my performance depending on the way my advisor behaves with me. I totally second your opinion.

Naresh

Thursday, May 31, 2007 12:28:00 PM  

@ Naresh,

Thanks for the appreciation.
Your comments certainly adds on to make the point stronger.

Thanks again for leaving your view on this.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 12:40:00 PM  

yup i completely agree with ur view point ...by the way that's a really good article that u've written ....serious stuff.......but i enjoy discussing such interesting and thought provoking issues!....keep it up!!
let me some it up as .....
IF IT'S SOMEONE U HAVE TO APPRECIATE
GO AHEAD AND PLEASE DON'T HESITATE!!
:)...HOWZAT!!!

Thursday, May 31, 2007 9:05:00 PM  

Hi Ankur,

I really appreciate your effort and also dont mind acknowledging that this is one thing that I had learnt from you in my initial days as TL in Wipro. Today I have a very good relation with all my supervisors and subordinates and reaaly feel happy when they come back and say that it was great being in my team or working with me. THANKS. Please keep up the good work !

Friday, June 01, 2007 7:29:00 PM  

@ Mahima

Thanks a bunch for the appreciating words and I must say that’s a real good punch line.

Good to know that you like such conversations; we shall have more of them.

@ Suprity

Thanks a bunch for the wonderful words, this makes this thought even more concrete.

Good to hear that people around you feel that way, it surely speaks about you as a person.

Friday, June 01, 2007 7:42:00 PM  

Ankur,

Great views. Simple Thought. Easily Implementable. Just Need The People And Will To Do It On Day 2 Day Basis.

Tre Getting Into TED.

Regards,
Vishal Nagda

Saturday, June 02, 2007 2:11:00 AM  

@ Vishal

That’s all what’s required to make a positive impact!

Thanks for taking out time and effort to comment!

Tuesday, June 05, 2007 6:09:00 AM  

hey man i agree to wat u said and really appriciate the efforts put in...keep up the good work...

Friday, June 15, 2007 11:23:00 AM  

Great going sethi Sahib..... One single voice can change the shape of world, i truely believe in this.. where and whose voice is that is a BIG question.

Friday, June 22, 2007 3:24:00 PM  

@ Shantanu

Thanks a lot for the appreciating and encouraging words.

And thanks for spending time on read the post.

@ Happy

I agree with that absolutely!

But the voice you mentioned here is great vision then and only then its replicates a million times by “we the people” and shapes the world.

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your thoughts, I’m honored by your gesture.

Saturday, June 23, 2007 12:28:00 AM  

hey ankur.....
That was gud article.....good stuff.....keep up the gud work...

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 9:50:00 PM  

@ Abha

Thanks Abha, keep visiting for more!

Cheers

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 10:51:00 PM  

Hello my dear friend thanks for such wonderful act and the bunch of words used in this.I am not sure how many will take this seriously but the one who will take it will tend to move forward and will never fails in his life.

Thanks a lot one again.
Cheers.
Santosh Saravade

Thursday, December 18, 2008 4:18:00 AM  

@ Santosh

Thanks for visiting and your comments!

Cheers,

Ankur

Thursday, December 18, 2008 5:02:00 AM  

Thursday, November 12, 2009 11:47:00 PM  

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Saturday, November 14, 2009 7:50:00 AM  

I just got my new 8G 3g iphone here in Japan.And i would want to know how to send sms/text messages to my friends and families in th ePhilippines.They are not using iphone,only smart,globe,sun etc.I really need real help,not just comments.Thank you very much
[url=http://unlockiphone22.com]unlock iphone[/url]

Friday, January 01, 2010 2:50:00 AM  

World shippind rulide Online evecare 10mg keflex 50mg klonopin 25mg voltarol Order synthroid

Monday, January 18, 2010 2:30:00 AM  

[url=http://kfarbair.com][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/logo.png[/img][/url]

בית מלון [url=http://www.kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] - אינטימיות, [url=http://kfarbair.com/services.html]שקט[/url] . אנחנו מספקים שירותי אירוח מיוחדים כמו כן יש במקום שירות חדרים הכולל [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/eng/index.html]סעודות רומנטיות[/url] במחירים מיוחדים אשר מוגשות ישירות לחדרכם.

לפרטים נוספים נא לפנות לעמוד המלון - [url=http://kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/contact.html][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/apixel.gif[/img][/url]

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 3:57:00 AM  

My friend and I were recently talking about how modern society has evolved to become so integrated with technology. Reading this post makes me think back to that discussion we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further innovates, the possibility of copying our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could encounter in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://kwstar88.zoomshare.com/2.shtml]R4i SDHC[/url] DS qqPost)

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 2:58:00 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home